Experienced polyglot full-stack software developer and problem solver. Especially enjoys projects that require innovation and creative thinking. Strong communication and leadership skills.
A non-exhaustive list of notable things I am experienced with:
Languages and Tools
- SQL, Relational Database Design
- ASP.Net (C#)
- Linux (UNIX/BSD)
- Android Studio
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sensitive to cross-cultural/multi-lingual communication issues
- Experienced working remotely and with distributed teams
- Self-motivated, proven ability to self-manage.
- Behavior Driven Development Practices
- Agile Development Methodology
Daedalus Dreams Founder 2013-current
Daedalus Dreams is the company I started to build things for people. Some of the things I've done there:
- Design and deployment of WiFi network covering 14 acres and 7 buildings, with wireless backhaul.
- Website development and content strategization.
- Creation and Editing of internal training and marketing videos.
Apple Inc - IS&T (Contracted via MW2 Consulting Services) Tier 3 Support Lead 2013-2015
- Moved from previous role as sole support developer to leading the growth and training of a support team.
- Managed and trained small global team of tier 1 and 2 support staff, creating documents and FAQs for them to use.
- Handled all support requests which could not be addressed by tier 1 and 2 team.
- Acted as interface between support and offshore development team, creating all ER/Bug reports for escalation to the development team.
Routelandia Project (PSU Capstone) Project Lead/Developer 2014-2015
- Lead a small team responsible for building a PHP JSON API.
- Developed SQL queries to generate traffic statistics for Portland/Vancouver metro highways.
- Wrote several major components of the Android client application.
Apple Inc - Retail Technology (Contracted via Pro Unlimited) Support Developer 2012-2013
- Moved from previous role as temporarily assigned developer into a contract position to take on customer support and support development.
- Handled all daily support requests from a global userbase of more than 60,000.
- Found and fixed bugs discovered during support interaction or QA, and submitted patches for integration into Rails, SproutCore, and iOS applications.
- Handled all reporting and data-mining requests.
Apple Inc - Retail Corporate Software Developer 2010-2012
- Assigned to Cupertino for temporary additional duty ("Career Experience") to work as a Ruby on Rails developer and assist in the design and creation of a next-generation content delivery system.
- Focused on developing test coverage for existing codebase.
- Created an API to integrate several machine and human-assisted translation services.
- Continued to lead retail store inventory team remotely during assignment.
Apple Inc - Retail Retail Employee 2005-2012
- Worked in all areas of the store, most recently as an Inventory Control Specialist.
- Brought store Physical Inventory score up 6% on first PI, eight weeks after moving into the role. Maintained consistently above-chain-average inventory performance for the four years, across multiple stores.
- Selected as a mentor to train new inventory managers throughout the retail chain.
- Selected to lead regional conferences in both California and Minnesota.
- Used programming skills to create improved tools for inventory management, gaining recognition from corporate software development team.
Freelance Web Developer 2002-2005
- Worked with a number of local businesses, focusing on intranet development, custom tools, and workflow enhancement.
Bellevue College Web Developer 2000-2004
- Worked for the Faculty Resource Center to design and create tools for online curriculum creation and publishing.
- Designed the web-based version of the Faculty/Staff directory, including administration tools.
- Spent two years as Webmaster/IT-Support for weekly school Newspaper.
- Spent three years as a tutor for IT and Web Development programs.
Portland State University 2011-2015
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science (Minor in Mathematics)
Bellevue College 2000-2004
- Associate in Arts in Internet Application Development (With Honors)
- Associate in Arts and Sciences Degree (With Honors)